Friday, June 28, 2013

Hedgehogs

Ciao from France! I am now in the house where I'll be staying from August to December. This family was gracious enough to allow Rachel and me to stay for a week. Rachel left yesterday afternoon (sad day!) so now it's just me. I'm using this day to catch up on rest, pack my bags, and update my blog and pictures! I will be leaving early Sunday morning to go to Spain.

This family here in France has been absolutely wonderful. We are getting to know each other in this short trip and I think we're going to get along well.
Yesterday, the oldest one came to get me because she found a hedgehog in the road.
So I got to hold it. Can't say I've ever done that before!


This is what happens when you let someone use your camera...your head gets chopped off. 


Geneva is really great. But Thoiry, France is stunning. It's a tiny little village in France (right across the border from Switzerland) that backs up to a national park. I can walk to the mountains in 20 minutes. I will definitely be taking a lot of walks while I'm here.

This afternoon, I am going to Filomena's school. Next week is their last week before summer. Her principal is retiring and they are putting on a little show for him. Should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my blog! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...