Friday, November 9, 2012

Success!

So I mentioned earlier that I have a student who has a major anger problem. 
She gets upset realllllly easily. Like for no reason at all.

I've been trying to get to know her personally and build a connection beyond the school walls.
During my full week of teaching (which I still haven't posted about...sorry) I made a breakthrough.
We both like One Direction!!
{Judge me. I give you permission.}
I was so excited to have something in common with her. And she was excited, too.
She brings it up almost every day.

It's amazing that something so small makes such a huge difference.
Who would have thought a boy band would unite us.
Crazy stuff.

We went on a field trip yesterday and she practically begged to sit beside me.
It was so fun talking to her outside of the classroom.
She really is such a sweet girl.

I've learned a lot this semester so far.
And I only have two weeks left (holla!!!!).
But my absolute favorite thing has been winning this girl over.


Hope y'all are having a wonderful week. It's almost the weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. that is so exciting!! I have to remember that too - that sometimes it just takes finding out one thing and it makes such a big difference!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read my blog! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...