Saturday, January 19, 2013

Faith Restored

Another week of student teaching has come and gone.
I cannot tell you how much I am enjoying it.
Before this semester, I was seriously debating 
whether I wanted to teach for the rest of my life.
If you knew me, you would know that was serious.

I have wanted to be a teacher since I could talk.
I know that sounds cliche, but it's the truth.
I just knew it was what God had called me to do.
After my past two field experiences, however,
I was seriously reconsidering my decision.

But y'all.
This semester has completely restored my faith in teaching.
You don't know how happy I am!
My mentor teacher just keeps getting better,
the other first grade student teachers are awesome,
my students are so precious,
and I'm just loving that I get to teach them everyday.

All of that to say,
week two was wonderful.
I picked up morning meeting, number corner, and reading groups
this past week.
Next week I'm picking up math.
(Ahhhhh!)
I'm a little nervous for that one.

Good news: Monday is MLK.
Which means a shorter week!
Which in turn means a longer weekend!
I get to sleep in for three days!!
(And by sleeping in, I mean waking up at 8 am. 
Apparently it's impossible for me to sleep in now 
that I'm used to getting up at 5:30. I guess I'll take it.)

Sorry about the lack of pictures on the past few posts.
I'm horrible about documenting my life with a camera.
Hopefully this week I'll have some school-related pictures to share!

Have a great weekend! Happy MLK Day!

2 comments:

  1. Aww yay! So glad you're having a great experience.
    Where are you guys at in math?We are finishing up subtraction.
    Have a great week and enjoy your day off tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you have found something you are good at that you enjoy so much! We need more teachers like you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read my blog! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...