Sunday, February 9, 2014

Random Thoughts

taken from Mrs. Susan's balcony in Savannah #gorgeous

Here are some of my most recent (trivial) thoughts and things I'm missing:

+ I went shopping yesterday for supplies for a birthday party the family was having. I thought, "Easy peasy. Run into the store, grab some streamers and goodie bag things, and I'm all set." Nope. I was wrong. I went back and forth between two stores THREE TIMES before I got what I needed. And I had to improvise a lot. After I was finished, I got in the car and just really missed America. Where was the party section in Target or the Party City when I needed it?!

+ Sometimes I get a big craving for cake. Like just plain ol' box cake. At aforementioned birthday party, we had cake. It was a fancy chocolate thing from a bakery: rich chocolate cake, chocolate fudge icing, and a piece of thin dark chocolate on top. Don't get me wrong...French pastries are delicious. But sometimes all I want is a Betty Crocker yellow cake with chocolate frosting. And now I'm hungry.

+ I want my automatic car. Enough said.

+ Related to the point above, I can now successfully drive a manual car. While I'm not a pro by any means, I'm no longer nervous to get on the roads. It sucked having to learn, but I'm really grateful for this skill. And hey...I can be on the Amazing Race now!

+ I'm really excited to get home and cook for myself. NEVER thought I would say that. I don't have an option for what I eat here for dinner; I just eat what the family makes me. Can't wait to try out new recipes and eat things I actually want.

+ I'm realllllly excited to get back to the States and start my life. Real world, here I come!

Hope you're having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my blog! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...