Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Update on Life

Well hello friends. In case you were wondering, yes I made it back from Europe! It's been three months since I've been around these parts. It was a bit of an intentional break, but also kind of not. I knew I would be busy when I came home from Europe, but I didn't realize how life was going to hit me full force. I landed in Atlanta on a Thursday night, then started working full-time the next morning. I have absolutely no idea how I did it, but I'm still alive! If you ever wondered how to beat jet lag...just start working immediately. No rest for the weary!

So. Here are a few updates.

+ The most exciting thing is that MY LITTLE GIRL PASSED THE ENGLISH EXAM!!!! So so so so so excited. It was such a relief and such a confirmation for what I'm doing in life. I probably would have questioned my entire college career had she not passed the exam. I would have felt like those four years of paying to learn how to be a teacher were for nothing. (Not really...because there were a lot of random factors going into this situation...but it still would have been terrible.) Thanks for everyone who prayed and encouraged me! I felt every bit of it!
just a little preview from Easter weekend in Bourgogne

+ I have a job! I didn't really mention anything about this, but when I came home for Christmas, I accepted a job offer! My youth pastor from middle school started his own private foster agency. He talked with me about working as a case manager and after praying about it, I really felt like it would be a good fit. We are in the final stages of getting our license (in fact, we're hoping to have it this week!!) so we will be placing children in foster homes in a few months. I'm so excited about everything that is going on with this. God is moving in mighty ways. I'm a little nervous because I did not go to school to work in the social work field, but my degree is definitely related. There were many things I learned in college that will benefit me in this profession. Will I ever teach? Probably. But right now I'm happy with this position and I'm excited to see what happens!

taken the morning after I got back in the States

+ I have also moved into a new house! My brother and I are renting a house from one of our neighbors. Some of you may remember we lived together for a year in college. I'm excited to do it again because we have so much fun. Plus I really missed that kid this past year! The house we're living in is across the field from my parents. The Burton family just sticks to the old farmland. It's a bit ridiculous but I love it. Especially after being gone from my family for so long.



+ This is completely random, but Whirlyball is my new favorite thing. Have you ever heard of it? It's like a weird mix of lacrosse and basketball, all on bumper cars. Seriously the most fun I've had in a while. I went with a group from my church on Sunday and I'm dying to go back. I think we're going for my brother's birthday in August so that should be fun. Here's a video so you can see what it's like. If you have a place near you, go!

And that's about it for now. I still have a lot of posts I need to write about Rome, Easter weekend in Bourgogne/Burgandy, leaving Europe, and some other little things. Hopefully I can find time to sit down and write them! I haven't even started editing the pictures yet. Sooo it might take me a while.
Hope you're having a wonderful week so far! I'll be back soon!

4 comments:

  1. So many awesome things going on for you, Sarah! I love how you've followed the Lord in obedience through all these unique opportunities He's brought your way. I know Liz from our small group has especially loved working with you through the foster agency. And that's so fun you're living with your brother in your own house! Still close to your family, but you have your own space to retreat to when you need it. Sounds perfect! Also, SO EXCITED to get to know you better through book club!!! YAYYYY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! It sounds like you've had a lot of exciting changes since being back! I can't believe that you started a brand new job the DAY after coming home. I've only been home for a week and I'm still a jet-lagged zombie!! Way to be a champion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on your job/new house! i lived with my brother this past year too and it was SO fun. hope you have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! So excited for this new chapter for you! :)

    Hope you'll enter my L'Occitane giveaway: http://withlovefromkat.com/fall-beauty-must-haves-with-loccitane-divine-body-oil-cream-collection/

    xo Kat
    www.withlovefromkat.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read my blog! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...