Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy (late) Thanksgiving everyone!! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

This past week was sooooo crazy at my house! Zeb and I didn't end up going home until Tuesday night because we both had to work in Athens. But boy were we met with a welcoming party at home!
My mom decided to start a new tradition and have a Thanksgiving meal for just our family a couple of days before the actual holiday.
Am I complaining? No siree bob. More food for me!

Wyatt wanted to set the table. So cute.
Fried Turkey. The only way to do it.




I'm pretty sure I am leaving a TON of stuff out but that's the gist of it. My favorite part? Chicken casserole with cranberry sauce. Don't knock it 'til you try it.

On Thursday, we went to North Carolina to have Thanksgiving with some of my mom's family. Big surprise: I don't have any pictures. But there was more good food. Also a precious baby. Can't get enough of babies these days.

Friday was spent shopping with Allie.

Annnddd because it's my birthday in two days (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), we had a Burton Birthday Dinner. Nanny always cooks once a month for the birthdays.
I even got to bring leftovers back to school with me! I'm currently eating the last piece of peanut butter cake* while I'm typing this post.

Fried okra. My fave. 

The cousins, plus Allie's boyfriend, and minus Renny Joy (who was just born!)
Also notice we're all stuffing our faces.

Birthday girls

It was definitely nice to spend a week at home with no school. Can't wait for Christmas Break! Only 7 more days!

*Peanut butter cake=caramel pound cake. When I was little, I thought the caramel looked like peanut butter. The name stuck and now everyone calls it that. I'm such an innovator.

2 comments:

Thanks for taking time to read my blog! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...