Monday, February 20, 2012

Fried Oprah

On Friday, we had a potluck lunch for the teachers in honor of Black History Month. I'm not really sure what a potluck has to do with anything. But I never pass up free food. Especially when it's fried chicken.

I was also excited to see fried okra. Yummmm...my favorite food ever.
I generally eat with my students so they were all excited to see the goodies I had on my plate.

******************************
            Student: Is that fried oprah?
            Me: I'm sorry. What?!
            Student: Fried oprah. Is that what you're eating?
            Me: Ummmm no. That would be cannibalism. I'm eating fried okra.
            Student: Oh right. That's what I said.
******************************

Oh kindergarteners. You just never know what they're going to say.

And just for your enjoyment:
via

3 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! Gotta love candid kid comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG THIS IS SO FUNNY!!!!! I LOVE LITTLE KIDS! your blog is such a fab find! i can't wait to follow your adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha this is so funny! i met someone the other day who didnt know what it was!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read my blog! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...