Monday, September 17, 2012

Am I Old Enough For This?!


Y'all. I have some big news. As of last Friday, I am officially trained to be a substitute teacher! It's crazy to think I am old enough to be in charge of a class.



I also found out last Tuesday that I will be subbing for my fourth grade class. Tomorrow. All by myself. Alone. With 20 kids.

Can you tell I'm a little nervous???
{honestly I'm freaking out inside}

The class that I'm placed in is one of the worst classes I've ever been in, behaviorally speaking. They never quit talking, even during tests. I have a few students who will refuse to do work, even going so far as to throw their books.

I am hoping that my students will be so well-behaved considering I am a new face. They see me every Thursday and Friday, but I have yet to teach an entire lesson. So far, I have just been walking around during activities and helping small groups with work. Being in charge of the class for the entire day will be a new experience for them.

I'll let y'all know how it goes. Prayers would be greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. yikes good luck!!

    it's getting through those tough classes that will make you a great teacher though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Sarah! You'll be nervous the first few minutes, but if you just relax and know they have no idea what you're supposed to be doing or if you make a mistake, you'll be fine! I'm sure you're going to be a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read my blog! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...