Thursday, March 27, 2014

Munich and Bad Wiessee, Germany

Last Friday, I took a train (and a bus) to Munich to visit Rosalie. We met in Geneva a few months ago and became fast friends. I had such a great time being with her and her incredibly sweet family. They were wonderful hosts!

We spent Friday afternoon in Munich. We walked around, saw a lot of the big sites, and had a late lunch in a cafe overlooking the town hall.






The next day, we stayed in her village, which is about 40 minutes from Munich. Bad Wiessee, her hometown, is on Lake Tegernsee. We walked along the lake, through the old town, and then took a boat ride to the other side of the lake to see her old school. The whole building houses the school, the Duke's residence, a church, and a brewery/restaurant. We ate lunch in the restaurant and I tried some new things. I really liked all the German food I tried. I didn't eat much meat (I'm not a big fan), but the rest was really delicious. Especially the breads and pastries.













Reiberdatschi...potato pancakes with applesauce


The weather was beautiful for the first two days! Unfortunately, we woke up the next day to snow. But they are used to it so it didn't change any of our plans. Up next is a trip to a castle and a day trip to Innsbruck, Austria!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my blog! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...