Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day Recap

Wow it feels like forever since I've posted.
I've been super busy this week, although not with school.
This past weekend was such a great time of relaxing. I went home and did nothing. Love those weekends.

On Sunday, I went to the Braves game with the fam. Turns out it was also Bark in the Park day, so we got to see lots of cute pups!
Even though it rained, it was a great game and we won it in the bottom of the 9th inning. Go Bravos! The best part is we were under a roof so we didn't even get wet. Take that, you people with front row seats!
{It may look like Cal is missing, but he just avoids pictures. The blue shirt in the picture below is his body, fyi.}







I came back to Athens on Monday to hang out with Kristen. We just don't see enough of each other these days. We rented Twilight: Eclipse (don't judge) and were really enjoying ourselves until the TORNADO WARNING. What?! That came out of nowhere. Luckily, we survived.

After the ridiculous minor scare, we decided to go see another movie. So we hopped in the car, made a quick pit-stop at Menchie's (fab fro-yo), and headed to Carmike to see "Crazy, Stupid Love."
Oh.my.word. Y'all. Such a good movie. I could have watched it again right after it was over! I just love Ryan Gosling. It doesn't get much better than that.


Then the next day, after we were both done with classes, we headed back to Carmike to see "The Help". Another great movie! It was almost exactly like the book, which I absolutely loved. If you haven't read it, go check it out. Right now. Then go see the movie.


The cast was fantastic...in both movies. Obviously I love Emma Stone. She is just so quirky.

And while we're on the subject of movies, "Parent Trap" was on TV last night. I'm assuming you love this movie because who in their right minds wouldn't?! Of course I dropped everything I was doing (including an important paper due that night) to watch it. Don't worry, I finished the paper. Probably because I have EVERY line of the movie memorized (no lie). I found it's a lot easier to concentrate on other things when you know exactly what is coming next.



So now you're up to speed. I just got back from Bible study. We started the Daniel study by Beth Moore last week. I absolutely love her; she is the best. If you haven't done one of her studies, I highly recommend you hop to it. I've also done Esther and Revelation, Esther being my favorite.

Enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my blog! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...