Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

I was looking through my posts today and realized I never posted the one I wrote about Memorial Day. You'll see as you start reading that I was already a week late in writing the post. Now, I am three weeks late. Lovely. But here it is: 


Despite the fact it is almost a week late, here's a recap of Memorial Day Weekend with the Burtons. We started the weekend by going to visit my grandmother in South Carolina. Sadly, Zeb could not come because he had to work. In his place, we decided to take Copper which meant he definitely needed a bath. Unfortunately, he hates water so it was a struggle. But there was no way we were riding for four hours with a smelly dog. No siree!


Then it was off to SC! Copper is such a good dog in the car. He fell asleep within 15 minutes. He slept the entire four hour ride with one leg sticking out of the box. So precious!


Once we got to her house, we had a lot of fun going through some of her old stuff and finding new things to take home. I got a lot of goodies for the new apartment. I also cut some fabric that I'll be using in cute frames like the ones I saw here. Gramma used to own a fabric store so I had a whole shed of fabric to look through! My dad, on the other hand, did not have such a relaxing trip. Gramma lives on a farm with a lot of grass to cut. My poor dad was using the push mower for two days straight! The riding lawn mower was MIA. We had a lot of fun catching up with Gramma. Her birthday was on Saturday so we celebrated by grilling burgers and eating cake.

On Monday, we were back home and ready to partay. We grilled out at my cousin's house, which is located in the field between my grandparents house and our house. I love living so close to my family! We, as always, had tons of good food and lots of fruit. My mom was thoughtful enough to make us a watermelon basket. Isn't she amazing?!


Aunt Linda made a few fat free hotdogs and labeled them so my dad wouldn't get confused. I thought it was pretty obvious which hot dogs were which, but my dad was so worried he was going to eat one on accident.


And what happened after we ate??? Pool time!!! They have a gorgeous pool in their backyard (did I mention I love living by my family?). Even though only four of the eight cousins were there, we still had a great time. I seriously love my family. (Please ignore the bad quality of photos. They were taken by the good ol' phone.)

Oldest to youngest: Me, Zeb, Jennilee, Wyatt



All in all, it was a great weekend. The fact that I got to see both sides of my family made it even better. I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! And now if you'll excuse me, I'm headed to the pool. Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my blog! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...