Thursday, March 22, 2012

13.1 Miles to the Beach

I stole this title from my friend's Facebook album. It's okay. She's not suing me.

This was the best Spring Break I've had in a while.
Maybe the best ever.

I went to Longboat Key Resort with my friend from my cohort and her mom. It was the most relaxing vacation ever. We spent every day by the pool and the ocean. Reading magazines, listening to music, sipping on icy drinks, getting tan, etc.
So. nice.

My friend ran the Sarasota Half Marathon on Sunday morning. She did so well! It was her first half so she was just happy to make it to the end. She even beat the pace she set for herself.

Excuse our ghost-like bodies.

Right after the race, we hit the beach. And we didn't leave until Thursday morning.
{except to sleep and eat...obvs}


We went out to dinner every night. I'm pretty sure I had chicken at every place. Oh except the Italian restaurant where I had margherita pizza. Yummmm.


And I went to Disney World for the first time!!! We went to Magic Kingdom on Tuesday. There were so.many.people. It was way too crowded. We only got to do about five things because the lines were just insane. We waited 2 hours for Space Mountain. Two Hours!! But it was so fun. Best ride ever.

We also did Mickey's PhilharMagic, the Swiss Family Treehouse, Liberty Square Riverboat, Haunted Mansion, and Pirates of the Caribbean. We ate lunch at the Liberty Tree Tavern with one of our teachers. We got to meet her husband and had some great conversation.

{Sidenote: If you have not seen Swiss Family Robinson, please do so immediately. It was one of my favorites growing up. The Treehouse tour was amazing! I felt like I was in the movie. One of the highlights of my life. No joke.}


I can't wait to go back when it's less crowded. I think my small group is planning a trip in October. Woohoo!

Sadly I'm now back at school. Fortunately the week has flown by.
I'm about to go take a nap before the Hunger Games Midnight Premiere tonight!!! I'm going to be dead when I have to wake up at 5:30 tomorrow morning. My kindergarteners better behave themselves.

Catch ya on the flip side.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! How nice of you to support your friend. I'm headed to the beach Wednesday and now I'm even more pumped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only person who didn't go to Disney World until college! Didn't you love it? Your whole trip sounds like my kind of spring break!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read my blog! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...