Monday, March 26, 2012

Conversations with Kindergarteners

For those of you who don't know me (which is most of you), I am pretty pale. In the summer, I will burn if I don't wear 30 SPF on the reg. When I do wear sunscreen, I will eventually tan. But without fail, my face gets thousands of freckles. And I'm not really exaggerating.

So after Spring Break, my body was tan and my face had all these little freckles, which from far away, make my face look really tan. Up close however, you can see them individually. Gives me a child-like quality. I'm used to this but apparently my kids are not. This is what went down last Tuesday.

*******************************************
Boy: Whoa what happened to your face?!
Me: Ummm...what do you mean?
Boy: I mean what happened to your face?!
Me: I'm not really sure what you're asking...
Boy: You have little brown dots all over you!!!
Me: Those are called freckles.
Boy: Whatever. They look weird.
Me: Wow. Gee thanks.
******************************************* 

Well I thought my freckles were cute.
Leave it to five-year-olds to tear you down.

1 comment:

  1. Aw! haha! It's ok, I've had kids I taught dance to say things like that before too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read my blog! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...