Tuesday, August 20, 2013

From Spain to France


I have been without wifi/internet for the past three weeks. Sorry for my absence!

And just like that, the Spain part of my trip is over. My flight leaves in about 5 hours! I have now been in Europe for 95 days. It’s crazy to think I haven’t seen my family in person for that long. But my mom will be here in 72 days! Can’t wait!

I was really excited about Spain but to be honest, it was one of the most challenging things I’ve ever experienced. I pride myself on how well I interact with children and how well I am able to teach. That’s my life profession, for goodness sakes. But both of those skills failed me in this specific situation. I don’t want to go into details, but let’s just say it required a lot of prayer to make it through these past two months. Even though it was difficult and I didn’t think I would make it, there were some good things that came out of it.

1.     I got to live in Spain for two months. That’s pretty cool in and of itself.
2.     I met some new Spanish friends!
    3.     I spent more time in the Word than I ever have in my life. Because I didn’t have any of my usual distractions here, I literally spent all of my free time reading the Bible, watching sermons, and listening to worship music. It has been such a huge time of growth for me and I couldn’t be happier about that. If these difficulties were just a way for me to grow exponentially in my faith, then I’d say it was worth it.
4.     I got to swim in the Mediterranean Sea and the other side of the Atlantic Ocean for the first time.
5. The family offered me a place to stay should I ever come back to Spain.

Thank you to everyone who prayed me through these last two months. I couldn’t have done it without you! Pictures from the past three weeks will be coming very soon.

Now I’m off to my next adventure: France!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my blog! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...