Saturday, September 14, 2013

Unexpected Curveball


Life. It's a crazy thing. One minute you think you're doing one thing, then plans change.
This weekend, I was supposed to be going to Italy to visit my Italian family. It was going to be such a great time of relaxing, enjoying their company, and exploring a new (to me, at least) city. I can't tell you how much I was looking forward to it.

Unfortunately, life likes to throw curveballs. Plans A, B, C, D, E, and then A again were cancelled. I wish I was exaggerating.

When plan E was going to cost me almost $200 (one way), I decided to cancel my plans. I was so disappointed I felt sick to my stomach. These people are like family to me. This weekend was going to be like a trip home. On the way back to the car, my host dad said if he were in my shoes, he would be extremely mad. I thought about that statement for a second and then realized something about myself. Yes, I was disappointed. Yes, I was frustrated that I wasn't going to see my family. But at the same time, I was trying to cheer myself up. Look at the positive side. I responded, "I am a little upset but life happens sometimes. I can always go another time."

And it's true. I can go again. In fact, I already have set plans to visit when my mom gets here. What's the fun in letting spoiled plans ruin my weekend? Don't get me wrong, I am very sad that I won't get to spend the weekend with them. I was so looking forward to it! But I can't let it ruin my day. Life is too short for that!

One of the things I've learned about myself in the past few months is that I'm a glass-half-full kind of gal. And it's something I'm proud of. Whatever you're going through today, try to be positive. If you're having a bad day, look for simple things that bring joy. If you're having a good day, be thankful! As my mom says, Look for the blessing! There is life to be lived no matter where you are or what you're doing.

Happy Weekend, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my blog! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...