Friday, August 19, 2011

Monogram Frame

Remember when I told you about the snail mail swap??? Well this is the tutorial on how I made my gift!

Whenever you're getting a small gift for under $10, there is always a struggle. At least, that's how I feel. I want to give something that is cute but that is also something the receiver won't want to throw away. The perfect solution? A monogramed gift.

I decided to just use the letter for the first name of my partner. I bought a small wood frame and painted it black to give it a more elegant look.


When I was trying to decide what to put on the inside, I thought the best way to go would be to pick her favorite color. Luckily, she has great taste, as aubergine is her favorite pick. For those of you (like me) who don't know what that color is, it is similar to an eggplant color.


I cut a 4x6 size piece of paper to place in the frame. Instead of keeping the glass in the front, I put it behind the paper so I could add roses to the paper. Putting the glass in the back allows you to have a hard surface and gives you the ability to add 3D touches. The tutorial for these roses can be found here.


The last step was to add the letter. I found some great scrapbook paper, printed out a big "E", then traced it on the fancy paper. It was a little time consuming, but definitely worth the end result.


It turned out so well that I want to make one for myself! This is a great gift for any girl. Who doesn't like getting a personal gift?!

If you have any great DIY gift ideas, be sure to let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my blog! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...