Saturday, August 27, 2011

There's milk...then there's Mayfield

For those of you who live in Georgia, did you know we have a Mayfield Dairy Farms right here in Braselton? There is a factory, but they also have tours, a gift shop, and an ice cream parlor. I can now say I have been on the tour three times in my life. I went twice when I was younger and I went a couple of weeks ago with my grandparents.




Sadly, the tour isn't as great as it used to be, but it is free so you're not wasting your money. If you haven't been, it's definitely worth a go-see.









To be honest though, my favorite part is the ice cream at the end. Nanny had Butter Pecan, Papa had Banana Split, and I had Strawberry Cheesecake.





This is a fun little outing if you have nothing to do on the weekend. The tour is about 30 minutes including the video at the beginning. You can eat your ice cream outside on the picnic tables, or inside with the air conditioning. We chose the latter.


Does anyone else know of some fun places to visit? I love going to these types of things. Hit me up, fellow bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my blog! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...