Saturday, August 27, 2011

Summer Wrap-Up

So here's a little recap of my last week of summer.

I started off by going to Mobile, Alabama to see my best friend Kristal. I, along with Wes, Randall, and Melissa, stayed with Kristal's family for the weekend. Lots of good talks, food, and beach time. It was awesome. Too bad we didn't take any pictures. We did, however, manage to play around with Photo Booth before we left.







When I got home on Monday, I unpacked, did laundry, then packed again. I left Tuesday morning to go to Lake Jackson with my best friends from high school. Erica's family has a gorgeous house on the lake. Since it was too hot to spend all day on the lake, we occupied our time with movies on her back porch. Yes, they have a TV on their back porch. Best. experience. ever. We also rode the jet skis, had a picnic on the lake, and played on the rocks.






We went to Stone Mountain early (as in 4:30 a.m. early) Wednesday morning to see the sunrise. We booked it up the mountain and made it to the top just in time. These pictures don't even begin to do it justice. Sunrises are just gorgeous. It's like God gets to paint a new picture every morning. He's just so talented.





That night, we went to Chipotle for dinner. Oh.my.word. So delicious! This was my first time and I am officially hooked. I'm just waiting for the next opportunity I have to go. My mouth is watering just thinking about that burrito bowl.







On our way home on Thursday, we went to a cute cafe in Covington. I had some fabulous margharita pizza. I also ordered a coffee for the drive home. It was french vanilla with a shot of chocolate. So perfect.

Friday was spent packing up all of my belongings to move to Athens. On Saturday, I took Cal to the Apple Store to get my new laptop!! I still can't believe this sucker is mine. So exciting!!




And that's what I did the last week of summer! I think it was my busiest week of the whole break. But now I'm definitely missing the freedom and the beach. Anyone else having the summer blues with me??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my blog! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...