Thursday, July 25, 2013

Belgium

London to Brussels
Method of Travel: Plane

When we were in London, there was a big sporting event between Belgium and some other country. Honestly I didn't pay much attention. But I couldn't miss the hoards of people dressed in their team's colors and chanting across the street to fellow fans. The city was cRaZy.
On the flight to Belgium, I sat next to a man who was in London for the event. He didn't speak English at all but he was so sweet. Took my trash, made sure I had enough room, just super nice. I love when you meet kind strangers like that.
We landed in Brussels to possibly the most stunning sunset I've ever seen. It was a great welcome.
But things went south pretty quickly. We had to take the metro to our hostel. It was really late...like 11 pm late. We (again) didn't think that one through.
{Word of advice: Make sure you think about what time you will be arriving in a city. While it was great to have a full day in London before our flight left, it was also pretty dangerous for us once we got to Belgium.}
We saw a woman get pick pocketed and we had to walk in the dark down a quiet, sketchy street to our hostel. Not the best way to arrive in a new place.

I've already talked about my feelings for Brussels
And my love for Brugge.
The best thing about Belgium is their chocolate. Of which I bought a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my blog! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...