Saturday, July 6, 2013

Sunset Over Firenze

Piazza Michelangeo. One of my favorite places. Especially at dusk. We hiked up the massive hill to see a beautiful sunset.
Little did we know, the MTV music awards were being filmed at the top! We had some nice background music as we watched the sun go down.
I'm still learning how to work my camera. Especially at night! It's been a lot of fun to use it in so many different ways on this trip.




Really wish this picture wasn't so dark! But I still love it.





On to day two!
Checkout in our hostel was at 10:30. We slept until 11. Oops! We totally forgot about checking out until the cleaning man knocked on our door and yelled at us. At least they didn't charge us!
We went to an American diner for brunch. I had yummy chocolate chip pancakes and scrambled eggs. It was so nice to get a little taste of home.
Then we went shopping again...no surprise there! It was really nice to be away from camp and relax with some retail therapy.
Of course we saw the Duomo. That building is just breathtaking. I love it so much.


And then we walked back to the Arno River before our train left.





I love these girls. I'm so thankful we worked at camp together. Don't know what I would have done without them! It's crazy to think that we are all in different countries now. I'm in Spain, Rachel is back in America, and Maggie is in England. Good thing we have texting and snapchat to keep in touch!

It's always a good idea to go to Firenze. I plan on taking my mom when she comes to visit me later this year. Can't wait to go back!

2 comments:

  1. The picture of Rachel on the left totally looks like it could be from a magazine. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! One year you hear Colors of the Wind and then next it's the MTV awards...bahaha. And y'all walked it?! What?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read my blog! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...