Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Westminster

We were fortunate to be in London on a Sunday so we took advantage of Westminster Abbey and went to a morning service. Honestly I expected to be bored. I figured I would just admire all the gorgeous architecture while a monotone priest talked for an hour. But no. It was actually great.
We arrived in London the day after the terrorist attack (the one in front of the army base by two Muslims). The message that morning was about how Christians should respond to these acts of violence. The message definitely got me thinking about how I view people and judgmental thoughts I may have that are not warranted. The sermon was very relevant and applicable to life today. At the end of the service, we sang the song "Holy, Holy, Holy" which is one of my favorites. It was so special to be able to worship in a different country in such a historical place.

And I was also thinking about the fact that Will and Kate got married about 20 feet from where I was sitting. I was basically at their wedding.




After the service, we went to the National History Museum. Pretty cool.
We were hungry at this point so we went off to find PRET. Fortunately we ran into Muriel's Kitchen before we made it there. You can read about that experience here.
I highly recommend this place if you ever go to London. It's right around the corner from the Museum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my blog! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...